Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Sister

Okay, so I lied. It has taken me longer to get back on here than I thought.
So much has happened since Monday.
Yesterday, after picking up lunch with my Mom, she received a phone call from my sisters husband. My mom immediately started freaking out! She kept asking what happened? What happened?
Sparing the details; apparently she had a stroke. A small one. She was slurring her speech and unable to communicate. She was rushed all the way from Delta, Utah (her home) up to Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, Utah to have a cat scan.
Within moments my mother, grandma, myself and 4 of my kids knelt in prayer to Heavenly Father, asking him to please bless her and comfort her.
She was experiencing slurred speech, severe fatigue and numbness on the left side of her body.
She had a cat scan yesterday; they found nothing.
She had an MRI this morning; they found nothing.
They will be letting her go home either today or tomorrow.
I cannot believe that a 30 year old woman could have a stroke. It has felt so surreal.
I cannot IMAGINE what I would do if this were to happen to me.
I love my sister. We weren't the best of friends like sisters should be when we were kids but that doesn't keep me from loving and caring about her. We have a great relationship now. We each have 3 kids that were born in the same years. We have lots in common.
I continue to pray for her recovery. I know that she was blessed and comforted by Heavenly Father. I know He heard our prayers and felt our dismay and sorrow.
She has no slurred speech and no more numbness to her body.
I am so grateful her husband was there to care and comfort her too.
My parents left this morning to help take care of her kids until things are figured out.
Family is the most important thing.
Hug your babes and your Honey.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! That is scary. I hope that everything goes well with her recovery. We will keep her in our prayers.

Marilyn Tibbitts said...

I am so glad things are going better. My mom called me to night after hearing it was a bad stroke and that she couldn't talk and that they were keeping her in the hospital until further notice. This makes me feel a lot better. Are family is prayer for her and your family. We love all of you.

Crystal Erickson said...

Wow that is scary. I am glad that she is O.K., and that your mom and dad could go and be with her. You all are in our prayers

My Giants!