Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pay it Forward

What's this you ask?

This is my Excursions front driver side tire.

Where is that you say?

On the 215 just past the Eastern exit.

Today I needed to run to the Scout office for some Space Derby Rockets for my pack. Since it's on the other side of the world for me I took the freeway.
Suddenly I felt my tire pull and NANO seconds later I hear AND feel it shred!
Keep in mind I am driving about 70mph in the center lane during lunchtime traffic.
All I know is I was guided at that moment because it took everything I had to keep my Excursion in the center lane and pump my brakes. It took me a few moments to move to the right emergency lane; all the time trying to keep from slamming into other vehicles.
I go to call Jason when a man and his son pull off in front of me! They helped my change that tire! Can you believe it! Why are there not more good people out there? I couldn't thank them enough! I truly would not have been able to change that tire because the lugs on my Excursion are after market and the wrench I had didn't fit them. I believe it was truly meant for that man to stop.
So people, let's get busy serving others! What do we have to loose?
Let's first start by moving over a lane when we see someone pulled off! What is wrong with people? All those cars flying past is crazy! Here you are trying to fix your tire and then you have to worry if some maniac driver is going to run you over!
I say thank you nice man ( he didn't even share his name!) and his son! I promise that I will pay it forward.

2 comments:

Lesli Ray said...

oh my gosh! I'm glad you and the kids are safe. How horrible!
but great that, that man was right there to help. God works in great ways!

Rhonda said...

Glad you and the kids are safe. That road is soo dangerous.. Stay safe hun!!

My Giants!